Pottermore reveals a new Great Hall for the House Cup announcement
Today, in honor of the House Cup, Pottermore renovated the Great Hall, adding features that made the competition even more exciting!
The changes to the Great Hall include:
- Covering the House point hourglasses with curtains to hide the winner (or the loser)
- Banners have been placed at the top of the page, with the center banner titled ‘THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON’.. Candles have also been placed between the four house banners and the House Cup banners at the top.
- Above that statement, you can see the Pottermore House Cup, which appears to be gray, but it could change to be the signature color of the winner
- The number of house points each house has earned (under the hour-glasses) has been concealed, revealing only the last three numbers.
In a note on the House noticeboards, Pottermore explained that even though the point values are concealed, you are still able to earn points for your house.
All the changes add a beautiful touch to the room with the rich color and even but unfortunately they are temporary and the Great Hall will go back looking the same way after the winner of the House Cup is announced.
Remember, the winner of the Pottermore House Cup competition will be revealed on Thursday, July 5. Pottermore has confirmed that after this announcement, there will be an update on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- J.K. Rowling writes Pottermore entry on Celestina Warbeck
- Review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on Pottermore
- Last installment of ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ released
- Bloomsbury Releases the Final Four New ‘Harry Potter’ Book Covers
- Cast announced for teenage characters of ‘Casual Vacancy’ miniseries
Disclaimer: Please Read!
Pottermore News is NOT affiliated with Pottermore, J.K. Rowling, The Blair Partnership, Warner Bros., publishers of Harry Potter, companies associated with Pottermore or any of the individuals or companies associated with producing and publishing Harry Potter books and films.
We are also NOT the Pottermore Insider.
All Harry Potter characters, names and all related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR
Any predictions we make CANNOT be taken as official statements, and as fan theories only.